Skip to content

What you need to know before you go!

Your headed to Estacada for some water play on the Clackamas River! Now here’s what you need to know before you go.

~ Must Have a valid ID and Credit Card 

~ No prior experience is needed to participate 

~ *Cancellation Policy* Cancelled bookings of more than 48 hours prior to the paddlers reservation will receive a rain check to paddle another time. CRO does not refund cash or credit for cancelled reservations

~ We have a wide range of boards and boats that will fit most any paddlers needs

~ Participants  must at least 8 years old to paddle their own boats, kids under 8 are welcome if accompanied by a parent over 18

~ Never paddled before? How long should we plan to go for? C.R.O. recommends  2-3 hours for for first time paddlers. 

~ What should I bring? Dress appropriate for the weather, if your on a SUP for the first time wear clothes that can get wet. Water, sunblock, and a waterproof bag for your essentials while on the water is recommended. Don’t have or forgot your essentials? C.R.O. will have you covered with water, sunblock, and waterproof bags for sale at the rental location. 

~ Can I bring my phone on the water? We DON’T recommend it unless it’s in a waterproof case and strapped on. Don’t have a dry case for your cell phone? C.R.O. will also have cases for sale and for rent.

~ All rentals include PFD’s and Paddles 

~ Interested in taking your dog? Talk to us and we’ll see if we can accommodate you both!

~  All participants must complete a liability waiver prior to paddling. Participants under 18 need an parent or guardian signature before getting on the water.

~ Rentals must be returned by 8pm, so budget the appropriate amount of time to make your return voyage back to the dock. Timber Park closes and locks the gate at DARK. 

What is an Invasive Species Permit and WHO needs them? Read below or Click on the Marine Board link for more info
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permits are required for:

  • All non-motorized boats (paddlecraft) 10 feet and longer, resident and out-of-state
  • Out-of-state motorboats
  • Out of state sailboats 12 feet in length or longer require an Out of State motorboat permit
  • Buy:

Now Lets Go Paddle! 

Are you interested in joing the CRO team? Find out more by clicking on the link